WHAT will I Learn About Food Waste?
Want to learn more about the current food waste landscape but don't know where to start?
Here’s what you’ll learn in each chapter:
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Food Waste — A look at the national food waste reduction goal, U.S. Food Waste Challenge, Food Recovery Hierarchy, and the ReFED Roadmap.
- Chapter 2: Food Waste Legislation — Information on the Good Samaritan Act, Food Date Labeling Act, and the enhanced tax deductions for food donations.
- Chapter 3: Food Waste Awareness Campaigns — Read about Save The Food, EXPIRED, @UglyFruitAndVeg, Feeding the 5,000, and Just Eat It.
- Chapter 4: Toolkits — Check out this list of documents, which covers a broad range of food waste topics: food donation, food recovery, gleaning, and food waste assessments.
- Chapter 5: Additional Resources — Visit these websites for more information on how to reduce food waste.